Our COVID-19 Safety Protocol
It is safe to see us in our office. Our top priority is your safety and the safety of our staff and doctors. In accordance to the CDC and Asthma and Allergy Society we are adhering to the following COVID-19 Protocol:
- At the time of scheduling, we will ask you about COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath and about recent exposure to anyone with COVID-19 infection.
- If you develop any symptoms before your visit, please do not come into the office, you can switch to telehealth or reschedule without cancellation fees.
- Please arrive wearing a mask. All our staff who have patient contact will also be wearing protective masks.
- Temperatures for all patient visits will be taken at check-in.
- When you arrive at the office for skin testing or a visit, you will immeidately be directed to your treatment room.
- Please do not bring family or friends with you to your appointment. If a child has an appointment, she or he may come with one to two adults.
- Prior to the exam, be assured that each room will be sanitized. After you leave, whatever you were in contact with will be sanitized including the chairs and exam tables, equipment used, door handles and hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Motion activated hand sanitizers will be available throughout the office for easy accessibility. Communal items including magazines and toys have been removed.
- Please fill out all forms that are emailed to you prior to your visit including a method of payment as we are trying to make your encounter as contactless as possible.
Am I going to a hospital?
Although the building is named Cedars-Sinai Medical Towers, there is no affiliation to Cedars-Sinai Hospital and no one with COVID-19 symptoms are allowed in the Medical Towers.
What about the other patients in the office?
All visits are by appointment only to maximize social distancing. The exam rooms will be sanitized after each visit. Contactless sanitizer is available in the office and at the elevators. The elevators in the building are limited to 4 passengers at a time and there are unidirectional staircases available.
What should I expect for my appointment?
Temperature checks and masks are required for all patients and staff. All patients except for children under 2 should come in wearing a mask. Please do not bring family or friends. If a child has an appointment, they may come in with one or two adults.
Please note, if you develop any infectious or possible COVID symptoms before your visit, please do not come into the office, you can switch to telehealth or reschedule without cancellation fees!
We hope to see you in the office soon! You can contact us to book your next appointment.